Saturday, October 26, 2019

Worth The Wait

Sweeping up the broken glass, I still couldn’t understand what came over me. It started as an overwhelming feeling of fear about my future and ended with me blaming God for my current predicament. For some reason, seeing the mirror explode into 1,000 pieces soothed me. Now I wasn’t the only broken one in the room. The better part of me knew that things would get better, but the other part… The other part told me I might be stuck in this same place forever. It felt like I  was working so hard just to remain in the exact same position, just a little more exhausted. I sat there shaking as the walls of my life caved in on me. The pressure of my responsibilities pushed on me until I felt my lungs nearly collapse. “Just keep going”, they say. But I don’t know where to walk when I can’t see. I wondered where my blessing was. I cried and prayed, and still nothing. What have I done to get myself here? What have I done to be ignored by God? 


There comes a time in everyone’s life where we find ourselves in a position of waiting. Whether you are waiting for a promotion at work, waiting to meet the love of your life, or even waiting to discover your purpose, life is full of instances where gratification must be delayed. This is unavoidable. What is avoidable, however, is the suffering many people endure while they wait. This suffering may present itself as fear, self-doubt, resentment, and detachment from the present moment. When things don’t go as planned, we begin to let these feelings distract us from our necessary journey preparation, causing a delay in our manifestation. In essence, how we wait plays a major role in how quickly and remarkably our manifestations arrive.  

Photographer: Jenny Desrosiers
When we spend our time being anxious about when and how things will work out, we run the risk of overlooking crucial lessons in our everyday lives that we will need to reference later. This then delays our process because some lessons are necessary prior to the manifestation. For example, if someone prays to become a millionaire, yet they invest no time in learning how to manage their finances, regardless of when or how that money arrives, they can easily lose it all due to mismanagement. This would leave them right back in their original position, with no additional insight, and perhaps even further away from their manifestation than they were before.

Additionally, there is value in acknowledging what is out of your control, and redirecting your attention to the things that are. For example, if someone is waiting to meet the love of their life, instead of going out of their way to “find” them, they can spend time making sure they are happy and whole on their own. In this way, when that special person arrives, there will be less resistance on their path because both parties have done the preparation work in advance. 


Make no mistake, waiting can be extremely difficult. It can cause us to exercise patience beyond what we thought we were capable of. It can also cause us to critically examine our level of faith. Nevertheless, when we breathe life into our suffering as we wait, by doubting, blaming, and complaining, it simultaneously removes precious energy away from what we actually desire. In the end, faith and fear cannot exist harmoniously together. Therefore, it is important to be intentional about how you wait. This can be done by being present in the moment, exercising your faith, and practicing behaviors that help to align your current life with your desired future.

All Power & Love To The People,
Shani
XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment